2016 Kia Optima: Coming to Berwyn Kia Fall 2015
Chicago and Elmhurst drivers in search of a revolutionary midsize sedan will love the 2016 Kia Optima. Here at Berwyn Kia, we can’t wait to add the latest Optima to our lineup. Its renovated design, stellar performance, and cutting-edge technology truly makes it one-of-a-kind. To find out what sets the 2016 Optima apart from previous model years, keep reading.
Under the Hood
Available in three strong engine options, the 2016 Optima offers the power and performance Chicago and Elmhurst drivers need. Standard on the Optima is the 2.4L, 4-cylinder engine that can crack out 185 hp and 178 Ib-ft of torque. An optional 2.0L, 4-cylinder turbocharged engine that generates 247 hp and 260 Ib-ft of torque is another great option for those seeking extra power.
A 1.6L 4-cylinder turbocharged engine paired with Kia’s first ever 7-speed dual clutch transmission is the third engine offered on the Optima. This powerful engine can produce 178 hp and 195 Ib-ft of torque.
The upcoming Optima has been redesigned to resemble a sophisticated European look. To ensure plenty of room for passengers and cargo, it is an inch wider than the 2015 model and features a wheelbase that has been extended by 0.4 inches. In addition to its slight increase in size, Chicago and Elmhurst shoppers can expect:
- Chrome Everywhere: For added luxury, there will be chrome trim around the headlamps, wheels, grille, and windows.
- Enhanced Lighting: Bi-functional HID headlights that are available with Dynamic Bending Lamps and High Beam Assist can be found on the 2016 Optima. This is the first time that Kia has applied its new headlights to any model.
- Wheel Changes: Equipped with alloy wheels ranging from 16 to 18 inches, the new Optima will be available in three unique 18-inch wheel designs.
- Updated Grille: Those who opt for the SX and SXL trims will notice that the tiger-nose grille found on most Kia models is hot stamped and features an elegant pinpoint design that mimics the luxury seen on the Kia K900 sedan.
With the 2016 Kia Optima, drivers will enjoy a wide array of advanced technologies that have not been available in the past. Some of the many notable tech features we think Chicago and Elmhurst shoppers will be impressed with are:
- AndroidTM Auto and Apple CarPlaySmartphone Integration: As the first Kia model to offer smartphone integration, the new Optima will give drivers easy access to navigation, music, and social media for a fun ride every time.
- New UVO Features: For the first time ever on any Optima model, UVO, Kia’s connectivity system will come standard with speed alert, curfew alert, driving score, and geo-fencing.
- Infinity Premium Sound System: This available sound system includes 14 speakers, a 630-watt digital amplifier, QuantumLogic surround technology, and Clari-Fi music restoration.
- Advanced Safety: High-tech safety features such as the standard rearview camera, Advanced Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, and Autonomous Emergency Braking are also offered for extra security while driving.
Visit Berwyn Kia for More Information on the 2016 Kia Optima
While we wait for the fall 2015 release of the exciting new 2016 Kia Optima, Chicago and Elmhurst residents are invited to visit Berwyn Kia today. You can test-drive the current 2015 Kia Optima or learn more information on the 2016 model!